Bold Challenges events and programs are designed to support core the objectives:
- Increases cross-school collaboration, public impact, and U-M’s competitiveness for large grants on essential challenges.
- Forecasts funding opportunities and identifies comparative advantages.
- Offers broad and inclusive pathways to large-scale external research funding.
Bold Challenges events empower U-M researchers to:
- Meet collaborators
- Learn from funders
- Engage stakeholders
- Improve communication
- Enhance leadership skills
- Build diverse, dynamic teams
- Create stronger proposals
- Bold Challenges programs are application-based and designed for cross-school teams.
- The programs offer different levels of expert support for proposal development and funding opportunities for activities that are necessary for strong proposals.
There are two programs:
- BOOST is Bold Challenges’ Team Development Program. It empowers diverse and dynamic cross-school research groups to generate competitive large-scale proposals.
- ACCELERATE is Bold Challenges’ Advanced Consulting Program. It offers a rigorous approach for cross-school teams ready to submit large proposals within the next 18 months.
Bold Challenges Team Members
AVP for Research – Strategic Initiatives